Sexual and reproductive health is important for men, but many of them choose to ignore this crucial aspect of their well-being. When they reach 60 years old, almost 90 percent of American men will have less-than-optimal prostate health. Fortunately, there are efficient and safe ways to promote your prostate’s vitality.
The prostate is part of the male reproductive system that serves both as a muscle and as a sex gland. It’s found in front of the rectum, just below the bladder. It nourishes semen (the fluid that keeps sperm cells healthy for fertilization) and supports optimal urine flow, vitality, and a healthy sex drive.
During younger years, the prostate is just walnut-sized. But as you age, it can grow to as big as an egg. This major increase in size can lead to less-than-optimal health.
Saw Palmetto Helps Boost Your Prostate Health*
According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, various factors can affect prostate health, including diet and environmental factors. Vitamin D, vitamin K2, vitamin E, calcium, selenium, and magnesium are natural supplements that can help improve prostate health.*
A popular supplement that’s helpful to the prostate is saw palmetto.* Saw palmetto is a plant that’s native to the southeast region of the United States, primarily in Florida. It comes from the berries of the Serenoa repens palm. Saw palmetto helps inhibit 5 alpha reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone (the male hormone) to dihydrotestosterone (DHT).* According to many experts, DHT is a major cause of less-than-optimal prostate health. By using saw palmetto to inhibit DHT, you can support prostate health.*
Saw palmetto also helps:
- Promote healthy hair*
- Recover from physical exercise*
- Support a healthy libido*
However, there are significant inconsistencies with the saw palmetto supplements available today. To help you stay away from these ineffective formulas, Dr. Mercola recommends Prostate and Bladder Support* with Organic Saw Palmetto.
Support Prostate Vitality with Prostate and Bladder Support*
Prostate and Bladder Support* is an efficient, high-quality organic supplement that helps promote prostate vitality.* It uses the DeepExtract proprietary technology, a high-pressure carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction process that produces a high concentration of micronutrients from saw palmetto botanicals.
Aside from saw palmetto, Prostate and Bladder Support* also contains organic pumpkin seed oil. According to international scientific research (including a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial), whether or not it’s combined with saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil can effectively promote a prostate health.*
Another beneficial element of Prostate and Bladder Support* is its liquid, two-piece Caplique® formula. Capliques® provide even more benefits over standard gelcaps and other types of capsules.
More Prostate Health Tips
Dr. Mercola says that even though you religiously take Prostate and Bladder Support*, it’s still very important to practice a healthy lifestyle for optimal prostate and overall health. Here are some tips to help improve prostate health.
- Schedule a prostate evaluation. Get an early assessment of prostate health to be aware of its condition. The test usually includes a physical examination and a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test. Ask your doctor to help you determine the appropriate test or screen for you.
- Eat a healthy diet. Optimize your health by consuming unprocessed, wholesome, and organic foods. Dr. Mercola recommends his FREE Nutritional Typing (NT) test to help you determine what type of diet suits you.
- Practice good oral hygiene. Toxins in your mouth, especially those from amalgam (mercury) fillings, can have a severe effect on your overall health. Consult a holistic dentist to learn how you can keep your teeth and gums clean to help support your immune health.
- Manage your stress levels. Stress can have severe effects on your health, including your prostate. Use techniques like meditation and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to relieve stress.
- Relax your muscles. Muscle tension can affect prostate health. Reduce muscle tension by having a regular exercise program. It will also put you in a good mood and trigger a positive attitude.
- Boost your lymphatic system. Aside from removing body waste, your lymphatic system also plays an essential role in your prostate vitality. Support its function by regularly exercising and drinking adequate amounts of pure, fresh water.
- Detoxify. Toxin build-up in your body can affect your prostate health. Dr. Mercola recommends a pure green food formula, like chlorella, to support your body’s natural detoxification functions.* You should also take probiotics.* A high-quality probiotic supplement maintains an optimal balance of good and bad bacteria in your gut to promote proper digestion and help eliminate waste from your body.*
- Rejuvenate your sexual activity. A healthy sex life is beneficial to your prostate. According to research, a high ejaculation frequency helps support your body’s natural detoxification functions. This is why some of the highest occurrences of less-than-optimal prostate health occur in celibate men. Nurture your personal romantic relationship as well to help reduce stress.
Don’t let your prostate vitality decline as you grow older. Practice a healthy lifestyle while taking Prostate and Bladder Support* with Organic Saw Palmetto to help boost your overall prostate health.*
Keep reading this blog for more on Dr. Mercola’s products.